6.Under Mannen Bridge at Fukagawa
One of the “Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji” ukiyo-e art. Mannen Bridge was at the joint point of the two river traffics, Onagi River and Sumida River. Various people cross the bridge under the clear sky.
Turning our eyes for the river, some boats come and go on the water. And a man crouching down on the rock drops his line.
Katsushika Hokusai (1760-1849) designed the ukiyo-e’s composition with the perspective buildings and geometric bridge.
It makes the view point as we look up the bridge from the river. The color of Prussian blue peppers the whole image of the woodblock print.
Honjo-tatekawa from"Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji"
5.Honjo-tatekawa 5. Honjo-Tatekawa Honjo, today's Sumida-ku, was developed as a new town after the Great Fire of Meireki in 1657 and the many lumber dealer stood in a raw in the city. Katsushika Hokusai(1760-1849) drew the moment that the workman throws the wood up straight for the other. The leant or stucked lumbers give the strong impression of the longitudinal in the woodblock printing. Mt.Fuji can be seen barely between the woods. Some woods was written the lette...
Sazai hall-Temple of Five Hundred Rakan from "Thirty-Six Views of Mount ...
7.Sazai hall-Temple of Five Hundred Rakan 7. Sazai hall - Temple of Five Hundred Rakan Temple of Five Hundred Rakan was established at the Kameido village(today's Oojima-cho, Koto-ku) in 1695. Sazai means a turban shell because the corridor of the hall took the spiral-shape. When people finished climbing up the corridor, they could see the panorama of lazy Sumida River and beautiful Mt.Fuji. Those who watch the mountain are the geisha, samurai, child and merchants.&...